Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Read any Good Books Lately?

Happy Wednesday!  Are you feeling funkie?  It is time for the Funkie Design Team to share thir projects at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge for the "Read any Good Books Lately" challenge hosted by the wonderfully creative Sara Emily.

Sara Emily challenged us with:  "Reading a good book on the beach or on the porch is a simple summer pleasure. For this challenge, please create a vintage or shabby chic project that depicts a favorite book or use book pages on your project, alter a book or even make a journal or journal page! Just be sure it's in the vintage or shabby chic style that we are looking for!"

I just left the library the other day with a huge stack of books which I have been working my way through!  I am always looking for damaged, or distraught books to up-cycle into my art.  I used a slightly older dictionary page as the base for my project today.  


If you are observant you will notice there are a few holes on either side of my tiny house.  There is a reason for that and I will be sharing that later this week over on the F&F blog with a full step by step and a few other fun pages.

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us for a Guest Designer spot here at Frilly and Funkie. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Please hop over and check out the entire DT projects as they are all fabulous!  I hope you are inspired to play along with us!

Suzz 

4 comments:

  1. I am loving this Suzz! You will never imagine that I was sketching designs for a house book just yesterday, so what a thrill to see this page all altered up so beautifully! I'm so inspired and want to get at it right away. Love the gorgeous dictionary peeking through your beautifully painted layers here - stunning! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Suzanne! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just coming back from the Frilly and Funkie blog to reiterate - fabulous book!
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. peeking through your beautifully painted layers here - stunning! Hugs, Autumn


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!