Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Golden Dreams

Hi!  Long time no see...  Time just keeps slipping by... I am back to share a card for the current Frilly and Funkie Challenge - "With this Ring".

Cec is hosting the challenge and here is how she describes it:  "It is wedding season so let's create vintage or shabby chic projects that celebrate the big day. Your creation might be a card, a gift, a decor item or something to keep the memories of the special occasion."

I originally was going to create a groom's card with rich textures and vintage images but just got my order from Frilly and Funkie and couldn't wait to play with some of the goodies.  I decided to create a card for the Flower Girl as a thank you.

I ordered this fun stamp from Carabelle called Celine and I love her attitude and I thought she would be the perfect addition to a Flower girl's card.

 I started with this beautiful new paint from Art Alchemy called Unicorn's Hair and painted through the stencil a smattering of gold.  I then continued on and painted Wendy's circle stamp and stamped that over the dots.

I stamped on some script and the word dream using black archival ink after the paint had dried.  I die cut a butterfly and painted it gold.  I waited for that to dry and stamped over that as well with some text. 
 


The girl was stamped on white cardstock using black archival ink. I then cut her out using my detail scissors. I added touches of glitter to her using a fine tip glue pen and then sprinkling her with the glitter. The butterfly and the word dream also received a glittery finish.

I had so much fun playing with my new toys. I hope you are inspired to play along with us in the challenge!

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us for a Guest Designer spot here at Frilly and Funkie. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz


10 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I love this sassy little flower girl! The gold elements are so beautiful, Suzz, and as always, everything is perfectly composed. I do love your style, I do, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzz, what a fun card you've made for the Flower Girl! I love that paint/stencil work and your additions of glitter just make the sassy girl, the butterfly and sentiment extra amazing! Great design! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara and Kathy beat me to it - this is so much fun and just the right amount of sassy. Love the colour palette and all the gold sparkle.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly delightful Suzanne! You are SO right, Celine is just the most adorable little lady, just perfect for a flower girl. And how special she'd feel receiving this. Utterly love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever to create a project for the flower girl, and what girl wouldn't love to receive this fun project!?! Really gorgeous layering and what a fun image! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely project and just perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I adore the colour palette and your composition. That little girl really does have attitude and stands perfectly in your design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been too long since I left a comment on your blog, but I just wanted you to know that your geniusness is still in full effect and I love seeing what you make. You are such a versatile artist and I still miss seeing your Simon Says Stamp projects even after all these years. I'm so glad you're still creating beautiful things, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the tag with the motorcycle. I have been looking in our area (Davenport,IA) for a motorcycle stamp similar to this one, and can not find one. Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your card! The gold tones are so eye catching and that cute little girl is so sassy.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!