Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  All of our kids have gotten to old to Trick or Treat but not too old to get a card from mom and dad on Halloween.


 I didn't have any idea of what I wanted to create other than a card, but I had plenty of Halloween stamps that I have collected and that had not been inked up yet!  
I laid out all my stamp sets and just started playing. I started with this fun clock from the Hampton Arts Graphic 45 collection and decided to make it into a mini shaker.  I stamped it multiple times on acetate and cardstock.

I cut out the clock and then cut out the center. I used that to draw where I wanted the opening on the front of  card.  I filled it with some rich colored sequins.  That determined the colors I added to the front of the card.

I spent some time masking to get the layered effect of the definition and the owl.

 My next one was inspired by the skull. I wanted to stamp him as my focal point.  I then stamped the newspaper background using rusty hinge and a little spritz of water. 
I wanted the skull to pop a little more so he received some shading with a watercolor pencil and waterbrush.   I still wanted him to pop even more so I drew a rectangle around him with a permanent marker and then added more shading with the watercolor pencil and waterbrush.

I sponged the black on either side as the stamp didn't quite cover the front of the card.  I stamped the sentiment on another piece of cardstock and coordinated the colors to blend in.

Have a spooktacular and safe Halloween!

Suzz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!