Monday, April 25, 2016

Spring Inspired

Hello!  I was playing this weekend with Glimmer Mists and some new stencils and stamps.  I ended up with so many fabulous backgrounds and figured I better finish one of them.

I just purchased these jumbo journalling tags from Ranger and wanted to play with that as my surface.

 I actually started with a stamped background with the fine print painted in white paint to create a resist.  After that dried I stenciled the numbers using crackle embossing paste. (I had to let that dry) 


 Then the fun began with dripping, spraying, and splattering the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist over the surface.  I kept trying various effects until I got the background I wanted. 


 Then this morning I added the sentiment, circles, flowers and dragonfly to finish it off.  

Products: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist  - It's Brown, Patina, Olive, Tim Holtz - Stampers Anonymous - Wildflowers,    Tim Holtz - Layering Stencil - NumericStampers Anonymous - Classics #1,  Stampers Anonymous - Courage ,  Wendy Vecchi - Crackle Embossing Paste, Ranger Archival - Coffee, Stampendous - Brown Embossing Powder, Vellum, Sequins, Mini Pearls, Watercolor Pencils

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

Anything but Cute - Earth Day Challenge:  (Look at the pretty mood board which had me thinking flowers, earth, nature and of course greens and blues)













 Mixed Media Place April Challenge -Creative Gym #18











Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz







12 comments:

  1. marvelous colors on this journaling tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful! Love the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag and represents Earth Day beautifully with the flowers, dragongly and colour palette. Love the crackled stenciling. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies, Blogger does not want me to leave you a message! Suzz, your tag is so beautiful! The background colour, the beautiful aged stencilling and the dragonfly looks like it is moving with those lines at the side of it - a wonderful tag altogether!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz, your tag is so pretty, and I love that layered background! The crackled stenciling is just lovely and the design is perfect! So inspiring!

    Thank you for joining our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking work!!!
    Thank you for joining our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely creation thanks for playing at Creative gym for Mixed Media PLace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag, fabulous texture, love it. Happy crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!