Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Gifts

I am winding down at work and getting ready for a nice long holiday rest!   I was busy creating little Christmas houses which are hollow to allow you to either use as a place setting or a gift.  You can put candy treats or a gift card inside the houses.

If you can imagine what I started with you will see that I used the Basically Bare House Die Cuts for the front and back of my house and the Basically Bare Mixed Media card set to cut sides to my houses.
 There is some fun tape from the Basically Bare - Paperie Bindery that you moisten and it attaches and it has a paper finish so it can take the paint or gesso.  I have been wanting to try it out and I used baby wipes to moisten it and form my corners on the house.

After that it was a matter of finding papers, embellishments and fun accessories for my houses.

 I cut the papers to size and taped them onto the houses. I used a touch of washi tape on the cornes to make them look fun.

 I used hot glue on the base and covered it in glitter while hot to get my mounds of snow on the base.  I then finished off the house with embossing paste on the roof, door and around the bottom again and coated that in crystal glitter.
 I had some misted tissue paper from previous years that I tore up and stuffed into my houses with a few candy canes and holiday candy.
 Hope you enjoyed my winter wonderland!

Products:  Basically Bare Retail Shop, October Afternoon, Authentique, Jolee's Stickers, Idea-Ology -Seasonal Chit Chat, Embossing Paste, Washi Tape, Stampendous Crystal Glitter, Hot Glue, Hot Glue Gun

I am going to enter these into A Vintage Journey's - A Vintage Christmas Challenge

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. So clever and so fun!!! And so adorable!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea Suzz, I love these . Love the cheery colours and what a perfect alternative for Christmas treats. Love them. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful - love the dimension you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun and festive little houses Suzz! These will look so pretty on shelf or table! Thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW beautiful little houses! They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea Suzz - little Christmas houses that can be used in so many different ways! Love how you have given each one its own unique identity . Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable Suzz and what a fabulous Christmas project idea!! The paper colours and patterns remind me of a bowl full of Christmas candy at my Moms! Love them! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Suzz, These are darling. May have to try them out next year!
    Its been so long since I've been over. Works been way to busy this year.
    Here's hoping for a calmer 2016. Merry Christmas,
    hUGS
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing, Suzz! Just amazing! I would be thrilled to ever receive such a thoughtful and gorgeous gift! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!