Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Years Eve!

Happy New Year's Eve!

Time to reflect on the year.  I appreciate all my followers and the people who leave me comments. I realize it takes time out from your creating when you stop by!  I know coming to my blog can be a bit of a surprise every time as I like to mix up my genres and types of projects.  I picked projects from over the year that I enjoyed either from learning something new, personal reflection or just fun!

Last year in January me and my fellow Hero Arts Hosti had a blog hop.  These ladies are all the best and so sweet and kind and talented!  I am proud to be part of this group of wonderful artists.  I created this card for the hop and loved the various layers and texture.

My next project is one where I tried something new with embossing paste and embossing folders.

It also gave me a chance to journal a bit about changes happening in our lives with our kids getting ready to leave the nest.


I was lucky enough to join in on an resin challenge to create with the clock and I don't play with resin that often and really enjoyed how this turned out!

My next project was another new adventure for me..
I created a little cherub using putty and the embossing powder.  I loved the way you could replicate an old button or figurine! 

This tag is one of  my many times playing with Acetate and Paint this year... There is a tag on Pinterest that I love that is acetate and uses paint spectacularly and I think that is why I keep trying!

The next is one of my many grungy projects for this year. I just love that dragonfly and I finally made a pinecone rose!

I also dabbled this year in a few layouts and I love this one of my dad with my youngest:
The yellow seems so non-traditional for the cold weather months but works because of my dads sweatshirt.

While we are on the subject of yellow another yellow misty project featuring one of my favorite subjects:  the bird...
All yellow and golden mixed media wall hanging..

The next two projects was a collaboration with Stampendous and DreamWeavers.  I struggled at first but when I pulled out some canvas it all seemed to fall together.


This card had me thinking of how could I frost my flowers with embossing paste...


The embossing paste took the color and glitter so beautifully and the Penny Black stencil was the perfect fist with this project.

I spent a good part of my year coloring these sweet House Mouse Designs for Stampendous.


I have to say they are the cutest images and a lot of fun to color and design for.  Something very different for me but I really enjoyed it.  The buttons are made from a original button that I used that putty to create a mold and then poured liquid gold embossing enamel from Stampendout to create.

My sea witch was a mix of die cut flowers and paints, mists and the hidden image of the witch in the grotto under the sea.

I made lots of tiny tags this year as they are so quick and fun to assemble a mix of images in a small space.  All stamping and sponging! 

My daughter's birthday card which I loved but she would have liked something a little more appropriate for a teenager. :)

I was blessed to be on the DarkRoom Door team this year and love their stamps.  I had fun creating projects with all the fabulous new releases and this is one of my favorites:
I don't even remember how this came about but I think it involved a bunch of scraps that I had laying on my desk top and the masculine card that became from that was one of my favorites.
I made a series of cards from this Hero Arts stamp which was easy to do as it is so beautiful. The watercolor stamps are in my favorites always and some of the first stamps I started inking up.

This fall inspired canvas started with a pile of die cut leaves and grew into a canvas.

The Simon Says Challenge was to create an ornament and these vintage skates had been calling my name for awhile and I couldn't wait to create an ornament.


Another layout featuring an old photo of my youngest with a few words form our favorite book.

And tags, tags and more tags... Sorry about that but when time was short creating tags was my way of being to express myself and play along in some fun challenges.



Hope you enjoyed my long review of the year!  I wish you and your loved ones the happiest, healthiest, and  blessed new year!

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, your projects over the year are so inspiring and I love your tags! May the new year bring you lots of love, happiness and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collection of projects Suzanne! Your creativity is endless and so inspiring! Wishing you and your family a safe and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous artwork this year, Sue!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I just love everything you do. These are all wonderful. Thanks for sharing the review. I hope you and your family have the happiest of all new years!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy for the eye!! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects Suzz! All so different and beautiful. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to you! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these creations are wonderful! Suzz. Thank your for sharing. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful and interesting creations! Also, lots of wishes for a blessed and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!