Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Life

Salutations!  Things are pretty busy around the household and probably going to get even busier. :)  I was sitting yesterday morning working on a few other projects and my inspiration feeling a little low.  I decided to clean out my background folder.  I store all leftover backgrounds in a file for future use.  I haven't' used any in awhile hence the purge. 

This background actually went into the recycle bag.  I was sitting at my desk trying to figure out what I  wanted to play with and this piece was sticking out and I thought hmm... I love that palette of soft neutrals with a hint of color and shimmer.  I think I must have added a bit of gold glimmer mist on this because the areas that are tan are a shimmery color in the light.  

Anyways that was it I decided to pull out a Verse from Verses Rubber Stamps and add the lovely Classic Tea Rose from Hero Arts. I decided that  I would play along with the Hero Arts Monthly Challenge.   All I had to do was add a hint of shading with my STAEDTLER watercolor pencils.  Mount it on brown cardstock and done.  Quick and easy card for me.  (Of course there had to be butterflies or dragonflies too!)

The only hard part was getting a photo. I took about 4 and they all look a little warped. Well I hope you have a lovely day. 

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. this turned out beautiful, I love the sentiment you used on it. Know what you mean about it being busy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this card, Suzz! So glad you decided to clean out that folder! Gorgeous work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL REcycle!! LOVE the verse and collage of images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I love these colours.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you didn't chuck it Sue, it makes a lovely background and your stamped flowers are gorgeous against it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, Sorry I've been missing again. Seems to be the story of my life recently, lol!

    This is such a beautiful card and I always find your 'spur of the moment' cards using left over pieces so inspirational. This neutral colour palette would always be the one that caught my eye as it always looks so elegant. Your colouring of the tea roses is wonderful.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    PS I wish you could hop on a plane and come join us for the Anna Dabrowska weekend too. That would be such a treat. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! So glad you rescued that pretty background from the recycle bin. It was destined for something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too like the lovely soft palette. You have made a spectacular card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE seeing your creations, it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!< love the colour combo. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!