Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tend a Garden

This week the Stampendous DT are sharing projects using the Stampendous stamps and Wee Scapes materials. 

My project today starts from an old hinged tin: 


I covered the entire tin with Wee Scapes  Grass Mat which is a roll of paper with the moss/grass texture.  Very fun and could be used on the bottom half of a card or die cut.  I stamped the beautiful Stampendous Spring Bouquet  using black ink on white cardstock and colored using my STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell watercolor pencils.  I added a touch of the Wee Scapes Foliage Clusters around the edges with the Stampendous Bronze Glitter.  The sentiment (Thoughtful Wishes)  was stamped on vellum and torn to add to the edges.  The butterflies are colored with glimmer mist.

The inside of the tin continues the scene but I added a touch of whimsy on my butterflies: 

I coated my white male figures with a coat of ultra fine glitter and attached them to my butterflies.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card love the design and the colours are so beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful way to decorate a tin - love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of an old tin! It looks marvelous and positively springy!! I really like the 3d effect the green moss has :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE all of the texture and the FUN colors!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an interesting project, like a garden in a garden. It's so much fun, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, little tin, Suzz! Wonderful texture and I love the way it shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne, this is incredible! Just absolutely love it. Sharing on our site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - a box full of Spring! How lovely in these grim, grey days... a great make.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about outside the box! I love it! So unique and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool Suzz, I've never seen the grass mat. What a beautiful tin!

    Thanks for your visit, I'm so BAD! LOL
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. a very interesting project. Your flowers are stunning as it the beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!What a great idea,loveyour butterfly,the flowers everthing is so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is a miniature work of art!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo! Your tiny blue butterfly men are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful project, I love it, all the flowers and adorable butterfly men lol thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!