Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happiness

I bundled a few challenges to create my card today:  Mojo Monday provided the layout, City Crafter Challenge is a Little Rough Around the Edges (Use Burlap) and Simon Says Stamp and Show Your Favorite Word and Fashionable Stamping Challenges is Embossing.

When I saw the Mojo Monday card was a grid card I was determined to go into my scrap pile to create my grid card.  So the stamped backgrounds, embossing and paper were all in my scrap pile. (Yeah!)


I thought it would be fun to do the negative outlines from mini punches and pulled out two to create the dragonfly and leafy branch.  The best part is they popped nicely on the burlap and embossed background.

I stamped a variety of images and words on the scraps to add to the stamped backgrounds.  My word is happiness.  The sentiment actually is Embrace Happiness and I love it!

The products:  Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, 7 Dots Studio Paper, Hero Arts Wood Finish, Friends Definition, Flourishes Berry Sweet, Lily Bee Designs Clear Stamp Set, Marks Finest Papers, Inkadinkado, Prima Flowers, EK Success Punches

******************************************************************
I was asked by a few people what I did to create my pocket tag from the other day. So I took a few more pictures and created a template with score lines and measurements drawn on the paper.  So you can skip this part of my post if you haven't any interest. :)

The project:

 The measurements for the pocket:
  1.  Cut a 3" x 6" piece of white cardstock.
  2. Score from left side 1/4", 1/2", 3/4". 
  3. I made the center part a little bit larger than the 4 1/4"  you will end up making the next score at 5 1/8", 5 3/8", 5 5/8"
  4. Score along the bottom 1/4", 1/2", 3/4". 
  5. Cut out corners. (Trim a little further in on the bottom from the corner.) You can see on mine below that the folds conflicted with each other as they were tight. 
  6. Fold score line (3/4" from edge) under. 
  7. Fold second score line (1/2" from edge) forward. 
  8. Fold last score line (1/4") under.
  9. Tape 1/4" around the edges and attach to the main panel which measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". 
 A side view:
 The back and bottom view:
 I attached my pocket on the outside of the main panel. I should have put it on the inside for a cleaner look. :)
Hope that helps. Sorry for the long post.

Suzz


29 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this grid card is just beautiful - you and jacqueline are certainly pros at this layout - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE this card! The colors and textures are wonderful. I have to say I "stared" at it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love all your squares, each one a work of art. Love your pouch too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your grid card is a stunner Suzz! Great tute for your lovely pouch too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this grid card Suzanne! Need to try this sketch :) Thanks for the tutorial and template for the tag pocket - can't wait to try that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beuatiful grid card. I love the colors and textures. It's wonderful! I also really like your pocket tag. It's so colorful and cheery. Thanks for sharing the pattern. And...thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love your card, love the hessian and your pocket tag is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love what you did with this sketch, I had the same idea when I saw it, Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is amazing - i love dverything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful grid card! Between you and Jacqueline, I must make a grid card! Thanks for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, and great tutorial too, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Love the grid and your soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That grid card looks amazing. Love the natural colors.. Thanks so much for playing along with us again at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful take on the sketch - fab way to recycle scraps of artwork! Thanks for the tutorial on your tag holder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, such a fantastic piece of art, love all the details.
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous grid card, a lovely colour scheme and great images.
    Thanks for joining us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this grid card Suzz. It really has some amazing elements and so much texture. Thanks too for the tutorial on you little box card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! Love your tag holder!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous grid card! Love the tiles with the negatives from the punches, such a creative idea!

    Thank you for joining our Fashionable Stamping Challenge ;). Joanna x

    Ps. Please come and join my 2nd Blogaversary candy ;-). Hope to see you there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love love love your grid card ... perfect for the challenge ... thanks for playing along at CCCB ... I've a lot of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally stunning grid card! Love the texture and colors in each little tile! Fabulous tutorial! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow! I thought it was a wall hanging at first, beautiful grid card! You shadow box it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your grid card Suzz, gorgeous colour combo and so much fabulous detail. Thanks for sharing it with us at the FSC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like everyone else, I love your grid card Sue. Every little tile deserves scrutiny as there is so much inspiration in each one.

    Thanks for taking the time to share the template for your tag pocket card.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an AMAZING card!! The burlap is so perfect here! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A fantastic creations with great details!

    Thanks for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping challenges !!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!