Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas wishes!


I wanted to try coating an image using bees wax.  I had seen this done in a Stampington magazine and loved the effect.

I stamped the image using a water resistant black ink.  Then I colored it using watercolor pencils and a water brush.  I sponged the edges with distress ink. 

I heated up the beeswax in the melt pot and dipped my image in the pot.  I used my tweezers and had to rotate half way through to get wax over the entire surface.  After it was coated I laid it down to let it cool. Then I heated it up with the heat gun to move the wax and dabbed up excess wax with baby wipes.

After that it was just layering and distressing the edges.  I also highlighted the main image with glitter and white gel pen.

Images: Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods Frosty and Friends

Wishing you all wonderful Christmas Wishes!

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. I have never seen that stamp look better. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous!!! I'm hoping Santa brings me a melting pot! I sure did drop enough hints to Santa. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the image and the colours :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the white highlighting and the image is fantastic. I have so enjoyed your art in 2011, cannot wait to see your makes in 2012. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, what a great effect you have achieved. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the use of the beeswax, fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the idea of the beeswax-adds so much to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, excellent job with the wax Suzz! I love the detail with the white pen and how aged the image looks, really gorgeous!
    Christmas Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that just the funnest tech! Love your results Suzz.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Fabulous New Year!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. ** superbe
    bravo
    joyeuses fêtes *

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love taking photos of distressed old doors Sue and would certainly add this one to my collection. what a stunner and great effect with the wax. Happy Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, it's beautiful! Don't you love wax? I was just playing with it yesterday. It was like potato chips.... hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh, Suzz, that is just too gorgeous for words. I had to look up close. How awesome and so was your technique~! A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! What a gorgeous card.. I just love it!!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!