Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Sunday



I have 2 cards to share. One is for fun and using up some background paper I made using the old smear the ink on the acetate and spritz it with water and the other is for the HA blog challenge May Flowers this week.


Recipe for card #1:

  1. Start with a piece of acetate and smear the oranges, yellow and green ink randomly on the acetate and add water until the colors run together.
  2. Lay white cardstock on the ink. Flip over with the acetate and smear the color around until you are pleased with the effect. Set aside to dry.
  3. Cut circle (4") from dye ink background.
  4. Stamp Fern using brown dye ink on circle. Slightly offset and stamp again using green dye ink.
  5. Accent brown with white gel pen.
  6. Versamark entire surface and heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
  7. Repeat. (I wanted a more even finish so I did this 2 times)
  8. Woodgrain background: Cut 5" x 5" white cardstock square. Stamp woodgrain 4 times using pigment ink. Spray entire surface with tuscany sun glimmer mist. (Beautiful orangey brown color)
  9. The rest is assembly. I wrapped the twine 3 times and threaded each end through the two buttons on either side. Tied a separate piece of twine through the big button and made a bow and used glue dots to hold each piece down.

My second card was made from some beautiful scraps sent to me from Jacqueline. She sent me some music paper and pink vellum. (I never used any colored vellum before and I love the effect!)

Nothing to difficult here but the ribbon is actually this really pretty plum velvet and it looks brown. :(

I also took clear buttons and used the scraps of the music paper to make the background for the buttons. (The designers at HA were doing this and I thought what a fun way to use up some of my little scraps)

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Three Ferns
  • Hero Arts - Design Block Woodgrain
  • Hero Arts - Design Block Outline Flowers
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Birds & Swirls
  • EK Success - Border Punch
  • Glimmer Mist - Tuscany Sun
  • Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
  • Butterfly Punch - Marvy Uchida

Have a great sunday!

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. The second card is very pretty. But I love the first card. Those earthy colors, the natural theme and the button and twine accents are fabulous. This would make a great cover for a nautre journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, the first one is just stunning Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are wonderful Sue - love how you make cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are totally stunning, Sue!! Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a suguar high I'm getting with all of your beautiful cards. Love love this and those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I missed the first one, which is also very creative and gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!