Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shaving Cream & Re-Inkers

I was watching good old Martha Stewart doing a marble technique with water and thought.. Hmm... I have never tried the shaving cream technique. So I sent my daughter up to borrow my husband's shaving cream. Much to my disappointment it was a gel. :)


I had to sneak out later and get me the cheapest brand of shaving cream. I sprayed out the shaving cream on acetate and dripped drops of the re-inkers (Blue, Green, Yellow) and used a pointy object to swirl and mix. This is one of the backgrounds I created. It was very dark and hard to stamp over so I embossed with the white flourishes and then added a layer of the ferns stamped in versamark and embossed with brown embossing powder.

I added the sentiment embossed in white embossing powder, gel pen accents and gems.

Products:
  • Hero Arts - Design Block - Flourishes
  • Hero Arts - Three Ferns
  • Martha Stewart - Cornice Border Punch
  • Zing Embossing Powder - Brown
  • Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen (Love this pen.. bought another brand and it really doesn't compare)
  • Ranger - Seafoam White Embossing Powder
  • Ranger - Distress Re-inkers Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Mustard

Thanks for stopping by...

**** Updated... There is a great video of shaving cream and how to do it here: http://stamptv.ning.com/video/shaving-cream . Some one was kind enough to comment and point me there.

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. What a cool background you created with this technique. The colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sue!!!! This is totally gorgeous, wow wow wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you did the technique on the acetate. I usually dirtied a pyrex dish. I am going to have to try it that way. I love what you did with the backgound in addition to the white signo pen too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative, Sue! Love your card...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your technique! So gorgeous... You crack me up... sneaking out to get shaving cream! Just like a truly dedicated stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to visit your blog again and find your stunning work - so love those blues and greens - beautiful Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Suzz! Turned out great! I love the white dots on the dark chocolate brown. Totally "makes" the card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Otra preciosidad, todos tus traajos son éxitos seguros.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this is just stunning Suzz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful card, Suzz! I love this so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I haven't seen Martha's demo, is it done on acetate? Or did you mix it on acetate and then paint it on paper?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!