Sunday, May 31, 2009

Manly Cards & Tone on Tone

Yesterday I taught class, but before I left for class I played with two cards. One for the Manly challenge at Hero Arts and the other because Shari Carroll on the HA blog had created this white canvas previously which was so beautiful I have been wanting to play with a white or ivory card.

This is my manly card. I have made masculine cards before that were east and this one became too pretty. (So I added sticks) that should make it more manly. Ha!


Products:
  • Hero Arts - Designblock - Floating Leaves
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  • Hero Arts Birthday Messages
  • Hero Arts - Three Designer Leaves
  • Versamark watermark ink
  • Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters
  • Versafine - Vintage Sepia
  • Twigs
The second card was an attempt to use all one tone. I started with Ivory and added a few white touches and a slightly darker tan cardstock.



Products:
  • Hero Arts Designblock - Birds & Swirls
  • EK Success - Border Punch
  • Prima Flowers
  • Crystal Stickers - Pearls
  • Ribbon Unknown
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Ranger Clear Embossing Powder

Thanks for stopping by..

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. Both great cards! I love the sticks on your manly one, and that birthday circle thingy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are wonderful Sue...Love the Sticks on the manly card...
    I want to do something White too!! Still thinking......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are stunning, Sue! Love the background on the first card, so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are amazing. The sticks really make the first one go WOW....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es precioso, todos tus trabajos son obras de arte, felicidades.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love your tone on tone card - so pretty Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both pretty, but I especially like the tone on tone. Love the background stamping on the ivory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. especially love the first card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are just lovely. The first is wonderful with the DP embossed and the twigs with the leaves. The second is just so feminine and beautiful with the flowers and punched lace~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!