Friday, May 29, 2009

Father's Day Cards

The challenge at HA this week was to create Manly Cards. I decided it was a good opportunity to create the Father's day cards for my dad and my DH.

The fun part of this was I die cut the smaller shapes from the letters and used them to trace an outline to create the border on the top and bottom.

Products:

  • Cornish Heritage Farms - Flower Grid
  • Hero Arts - Letters, Bolt, Wood Finish
  • Versafine - Vintage Sepia
  • Zing -Brown Embossing Powder
  • Versamark
  • Spellbinders Nestabilitites
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  • Twine, Brads

This is for my husband... I love using the Ranger Distress Powder Vintage Photo because it gives a texture to the embossing. I had this idea of creating wood shakes like the side of the house. Of course I did and then I didn't know where to go next. hee hee.

So just lots of bits and pieces including the tools as my husband is very handy with fixing things. I will stamp the inside with the Hero Arts Sentiment "to a Dad who can fix anything"

Lots of fun making my wood shakes or shingles.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Wood Finish
  • Hero Arts - Clear Design - Happy Dad's Day \
  • Ranger Distress Embossing Powder - Vintage Photo
  • Prisma Color - Color Pencils

Glad to finish these cards off as you know masculine cards can be more difficult as no real embellishments allowed. :)

Have a nice day...

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. LOVE these Sue...they are Wonderful Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial¡¡¡, es un trabajo de una gran maesta, felicidades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Suzz! Great masculine cards! Love how you made your own background using the bolt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just fab masculine cards - I found them the most difficult to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool masculine cards, Sue! Love these!! Masculine card is super hard for me to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the wood shingles are super -- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about creative, Sue! They are both so Dad's day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!