Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thinking of You...

I have been playing around with this new Penny Black Clear Set. There are these beautiful images that I thought would look lovely in watercolor. I cheated and didn't use my watercolors The images are stamped on the front of acetate and a sticky adhesive is put across the back. I then took chalk and colored on the adhesive. This technique gives a beautiful muted effect.

Products:
  • Penny Black Thinking of You
  • Pebbles Inc, Pearlescent Chalk
  • Martha Stewart Border Punch
  • White Crochet Flowers (A gift from Jacqueline!)
  • Turquoise Crochet Flower - (I can't remember the brand name but know I purchased it at Archiver's)

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried other materials with acetate, but never chalk. I am going to have to try this. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Suzz! These are lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Pretty...and Love those Crochet Flowers I must get me some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolultely lovely!....and I love the punched edge too. The technique you used is just so pretty with the colors you used too! Love the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't done the acetate chalk technique in a while. It does give a beautiful effect. Your card is like a travel postcard. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Suzz! Love the colors and the technique, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue,

    I have an award for you on my blog, I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!