Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alcohol Inks Background

I am sharing a card that I received questions on how it was created. I had my DD help me create a video. It covers the basic concept. (I apologize if it has movement and is a little dark.) I think it is helpful in showing how the background was created.

Here is the card:


Here is the link to the video:



Recipe:

  1. Cut a piece of glossy cardstock to the size you want the background.
  2. Execute the inking following the steps in the video.
  3. Using StazOn Jet Black Ink stamp your images on top of the background.
  4. Use a white gel pen and highlight areas of the stamped image on the cardstock.
  5. Mount the background on blue cardstock.
  6. Stamp the sentiment on white cardstock.
  7. Mount sentiment on light blue cardstock accent with gemstones.
  8. wrap ribbon around middle of card.

TFL!

Products:

  • StazOn Black Ink
  • Ranger Alcohol Inks (Stream, Meadow)
  • Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
  • Hero Arts - G4917 Dandelion
  • Fiskars - Heidi Grace - Beyond the Sea
  • StazOn Azure Ink Pad
  • Blue Gemstones

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I am such a dope! Right after I sent my email, it dawned on me that OF COURSE YOU HAVE A BLOG - I GAVE YOU AN AWARD FOR IT JUST LAST WEEK!!!

    *pounds head against wall*

    See how socially inept I am? I'm surprised nobody's thrown any rocks and garbage at me.

    I'm off to watch your video - I LOOOOOVE instructional videos. I am going to make one myself as soon as I finish my attic!

    Deborah aka Gigi_001 aka The Nut Behind Society of Stamp- & Scrap-aholics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I would have loved the video, but the link says it's not available. Let me know when it's back up!

    Thanks,
    Deborah / Gigi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!